Thursday, February 26, 2004

The Man Market.…

Being young and independent (not to mention stubborn), it is no wonder why I as a woman still sing “… but I still haven’t found what I’m looking for…”
To my surprise many people find this to be some kind of tragedy and I’m always cornered into justifying why I’m not in a relationship.
It isn’t that I don’t want a man by my side but yes that I simply that I don’t need one.
Don’t misunderstand me, I don’t mean to say that I don’t want one… I mean to say that, considering that I don’t need one, I shouldn’t have to settle for just anyone.

Second best is not good enough…

This normally starts up a very interesting debate. The feminists give me all their support, telling me that a guy only messes with your individuality and slows down your development. They argue that it’s good living by yourself, not having to cook, clean or iron for anyone else but you. The calculists tell me that it really depends one the budget point, on one side you end up spending more in a relationship (dinners, movies, etc.) but on the other side, a lot of things that the other person helps you do saves you time and effort. (Changing your tyre or fixing your pc). The moralists tell me that it´s my duty to couple up and procreate, so not to disturb the circle of life. And predictably the romantics believe that a woman simply can’t life without being loved by a man… I say that none of the above matters to me and that I’m not waiting for the person that I can live with, but yes the person I can’t live without.

In search of perfection?…

I’ve been accused of being a perfectionist, my own father tells me that if I want a man the way I dream of then I either order him straight from God or turn Lesbian (Ironic that a woman with a penis still makes the perfect man, hehehe). I asked another man’s opinion to see if it would match and for some reason I found that they all think I’m looking for some magic formula… the one… the soulmate… prince charming.

They’re all wrong of course, so what is it really that I’m looking for?… (Or hoping will find me) Do you really want to know?…

As an independent woman in this day and age I am in a position to ask what a man can do for me that I can’t do for myself. I pay my own bills, I can take care of my own household and know how to read a map.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s not a rich man I’m looking for… I need so much more than money.
I need a man striving for perfection in every aspect of his life. Someone who strives for perfection always has a goal to work towards and therefore will always have conversation and give me mental stimulation and opinions to exchange.
If he’s striving for perfection, then I know he can manage a good job and therefore won’t be a financial burden to me.
I want someone who is sensitive enough to understand what I go through as a woman but strong enough to keep me grounded.
I’m looking for someone who I can respect. In order to be submissive I must respect him. I cannot be submissive to a man who isn’t taking care of his business.
I have no problem with being submissive, cooking, cleaning, ironing and giving all my whole heart (and massages)… he just has to be worth it.
God made a woman to help her man but I can’t help him if he can’t help himself.
A good sense of humour, honesty and integrity are three things that can’t go missing in my man.
And most importantly, he has to love me… for me, with my imperfections, just as I will love him. All the rest is unimportant.

After repeating all of this to a colleague of mine, I was once again told that I am asking for a lot… I realise this but then again… I’m not asking for anything that I’m not prepared to give in return and…

I’m worth a lot.

No comments: