Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Sunshine´s Six


Picture: www.tamzins-gallery.co.uk

Sunshine has been put to the challenge and those who know me; know all too well that I've never been one to back down from one… And the challenge is:
6 words that describe the author of this column… me.
As my challenger himself had said… it's not an easy task, for who could sum up a person or a lifetime in only 6 words? For someone who lives for the mere experience of living… this definitely wasn't an easy one… however, here goes my answer to the challenge and a thank-you to the person who put me up to it; it certainly reminded me of who I am and how far I've come:

Sunshine
It's not only a nickname but my way of being. I was given the nickname because my spirit is radiant. I infect the people around me with good humour and good vibes. I make it my sole mission to get people to smile deep enough to reach their hearts. You might not see me on a dark night… but I'm the star waiting to bring in the morning, to warm up souls and dry the tears.

Ocean
Majestic, powerful and comforting… I love the sea. This is where I go to recharge my batteries, to heal my hurts or just to be. I love water, I love being near water and in water. When happy I splash it with joy, when I'm sad it collects my tears… when I'm angry it lets me work my frustrations until I've vented them all out in each stroke that I swim.

Music & Dance
My remedy, my saviour, my soul… I can't live without music. It's the first thing I put on in the morning and the last thing I switch off at night. To feel the music soothe, move your body, take over your soul and speak to your heart. I consider dancing and music as one because I believe they go hand in hand – you shouldn't have one without the other.

Truth
Because there's no justification in a lie… because the truth always surfaces and because a lie destroys lives and people. Hypocrisy, manipulation… it's all different forms of lying. Why can't people just tell the truth or keep quiet, it's a hell of a lot easier, it keeps you honest and gives you dignity.

Faith
If you believe… then anything is possible. Believe in yourself, believe in your work, and believe that whatever happens, it happens for a reason. Greater than courage, stronger than determination and wiser than perseverance is the hope and the faith that a person invests in everything they do. I'm a believer.

Love
There's not a soul on this planet that can live without it. What good is any life if you don't have someone to share it with? Someone to bare witness? Someone that you can turn to and say “Did you see that?!”. Over the years I've met a lot of people, made amazing friends and had the time of my life at family events. I've loved and been loved in return and I live in the belief that all you need in life is love to be a happy person. I am.

Moments
I live by the moment, for the moment. Every moment is to be appreciated and recorded to be played back on rainy days or reunions. To make the moment count – to live it to it's fullest. To laugh, to cry, to sing, love and rejoice… the moments of life are like the paragraphs in a book, the scenes in the plays or the chorus of a song, either or you make something of it or it passes you by.

Yikes… and that's it folks. I do believe I stood well up to my challenge… as for the words that are missing… let's just say that there's a piece of me in everything I do. Candles, Smiles, Angels, Laughter, Independence, Friendship… there are so many more, you can find them in all my other posts.

3 comments:

PAULO SANTOS said...

i would like to write in english...but I can´t. Is not good enought.
Temos sempre o portugues!!!!
Ok. Mais uma pagina do livro que se lê... Adorei conhecer-te mais um cadinho! Partilhamos imensas coisas. esse gosto simples pela alegria e contagiar quem nos circunda! Essa paixão abissal pelo mar! A musica! Esse crer imenso na vida em forma de fé! E esse desprezo pela mentira, pela hipocrisia da mesma! E viver cada momento assim mesmo! Como se fosse unico e primeiro...nunca o minimizando!!! O resto do post não o comento! guardo-o em mim!!!!!
Existe uma parte dois no desafio que consiste em selecionares seis amigos para fazerem um post similar!
Mas o critério é teu...Se entendes que não deves faze-lo! That's Sunshine choice's....

................

P.s.
estava na expectativa que viesses ler o post que publiquei ontem!
É a paga á promessa que te fiz - ao desafio que me propuses-te!!!
O poder da mente! recordas-te?
Não te diisse nada porque primeiro quis que o lesses e o comentasses!
mais feliz fico quando verdadeiramente o sentis-te e o fizes-te TEU!!!!!!!
Esse poder imenso que nos permite viver e ousar viver! Nunca renegando aquilo que somos!
A mente é um mundo imenso! Há quem a use para se negar ! Há quem nela viaje para se reencontrar! manter a chama!!!!
O tempo é um companheiro cruel! Tudo apaga!?!?!?
Nããã... recuso-me!
Enquanto autor do InteriorNorte sinto-me realizado depois do post de ontem! Se porventura alguma vez conseguisse fazer sentir minhas palavras de um jeito que alguem as vivesse , então seria minha reconpensa!
Mais ainda quando o post tinha um objectivo...Com a minha alma cumprir o prometido!
Agradeço-To! O POST É TEU!!!!
Guarda-o em ti!


mil beijos e agradeço-te continuares a visitar-me ! mesmo longe e com dificulades em acederes á net!

Paulo

Lord of Erewhon said...

JAJAJAJAJA!!! és outra anormal! :)=

Dark kiss.

Klatuu o embuçado said...

Outros desafios... JAJAJAJAJA!!!

das ich, destillat
http://download.yousendit.com/2A8261AC04DA6CD4

angels and agony, salvation
http://download.yousendit.com/C9F771E92D44A111

wumpscut, embryodead
http://download.yousendit.com/E09723241DFF6B0C

velvet acid christ, LSD
http://download.yousendit.com/EAA21FBC4DEECF23

snake skin, I am the dark
http://download.yousendit.com/DDA767BC366B80BE

punto omega, guerra en los cielos
http://download.yousendit.com/0140A8D928926763

chemical angel, strike
http://download.yousendit.com/D1FE5A982910E5C3

xotox, lichtlos
http://download.yousendit.com/203410E46708ED86

covenant, dead stars
http://download.yousendit.com/3AF51886517965C8

blasted mechanism, industrial
http://download.yousendit.com/C785374960E2C96D

NOTA: só disponível até 30 de Setembro.