Monday, March 19, 2007

Changes


Photosource: Unknown

Sometimes things happen so fast that you find yourself miles away from where you were just days before.
Life is like that…
You find yourself walking the same dirt road for what seems like an endless voyage. Some or other voyager passes you by but the scenery seems to stay the same and you lose hope of finding anything different on your path.
You blink… sigh or close your eyes for just moments and in a flutter of eyelids you're somewhere completely new.
The sounds and smells are different… The colours are more intense…
And the more you see, the more you want to know and get to know…
The world tastes sweeter…
Your heart beats stronger…
All because there's another set of eyes reflected in the mirror that tell you that you're no longer walking alone.

He's here…
In my life and in my dreams and in my plans…
And suddenly my course takes a whole new meaning.
Because I want him here with me, because I want to be where he is
Because I want us to do it together.
And it scares me to death.
To have his heart in my hands…
To place my heart in his…
To know that there's no getting out of this unhurt.
And nothing is worth more…
And nothing else matters.

If this isn't love, I don't know what is.
I don't know where I'm going or where I want to be…
But I know who I want to be with.
I don't know how long this will last; I don't know our expiry date…
But I know that today we make each other happy.
Need I know more?

In the darkness he reaches out for me and pulls me close and I fall asleep to the sound of his heart beating.
Why suffer the anticipation when you can savour the moment instead?
I woke up this morning and he was still there…
I wasn't scared…
I didn't feel like running…
Here is where I want to be.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

This post is interisting...
It's like I was there with you when you had these thoughts!

Anonymous said...

Sounds real to me Sunshine :-)

Liilavati said...

Mereces ser muito feliz...E parece que encontraste um companheiro à altura da mulher espectacular que és!
Beijinhos

DRC said...

As it goes in the song "Don't worry, be happy" :)

Unknown said...

I liked it and I can relate...actually it reminded me of something i say a lot.. "Right now lets stay in the present
Can't worry bout tomorrow cause today is a blessing"
So enjoy!!
By the way...i've been reading ur blog for a while now...it's really cool that you write in english...."a lingua inglesa soa sempre bem...e nunca atraiçoa ninguem!! "
Nice job!
Kell

Sunshine said...

Luis Sardinha: Maybe you were... the heart and soul are where they want to be! ;)

Storm: No expectations but I do believe this is something...

Liilavati: A ver vamos... pelo menos a teimosia equivale o que significa que aguenta comigo!

DRC: Nem mais! Eu não gosto de sofrer a antecipação e o agora sabe-me muito bem!

Raquel Capelo: Thanks for the comment and the great input... You´re most welcome to read and express your opinion anytime you like! :)
A lingua inglesa é mais minha lingua materna do que a portuguesa por ter mais anos fora do que dentro de Portugal...
It´s the language I feel most comfortable expressing myself in...
De qualquer forma como já reparaste... eu respondo com a mesma lingua que me falam.
Um Grande Beijinho para ti!

Anonymous said...

Cara amiga, como viste ganhaste a aposta o cupido atingiu-te primeiro, espero que sejas muito feliz.
Um beijo