Sunday, September 04, 2005

Without Expectactions.


I’d like you to look at me with the eyes of someone that feels and expects nothing in return.
Only then will you feel for me what I feel for you.
Because I want you the way you are…
....and want for you to want me the way I am.
Respect, Acceptance and Love…
They exist not because they are expected or asked for...
...but because they’re not.
Joy is found when sadness isn’t felt… and so…
Feel me… not because I ask you to, not because you’re expected to,
but simply because you do.

Await not the hunt, though I’ll be your Seductress.
Don’t treat me like a child, and I’ll be your Baby.
Try not to grab my wings, and I’ll be your Butterfly.
Stop looking for the light, although I am your Sunshine.
Taste not too much sweetness, and I’ll be your Honey.
If you promise not to dress me in pink, I’ll be your Princess.
Expect not pure innocence, even though I am your Angel.
Seek not perfection and I’ll be your woman…

Not because you ask me to,
Not because you want me to,
Not because fate says it’s so…
But simply because I am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just love me, simply for what I am...

Anonymous said...

how we all want so much to be loved for who we are...
my grandfather used to say that who waits always gets it. so....guess we should all wait and hope